Wednesday 17 October 2012

Leeky Potato Soup

I was feeling pretty cold and sleepy when I got home from placement today and I decided that the best way to cheer me up on a wintery evening is some homemade leek and potato soup (or leeky potato as I call it).......

If on the off chance you feel like attempting this culinary masterpiece, you will need:
  • Some Leeks
  • Some Potatoes
  • 1 Onion
  • Garlic
  • Vegetable Stock
  • Creme Fraiche
  • Chives to garnish
  • Toasted Pitta Bread to serve

1. Chop everything and prepare the vegetable stock


 2. Sauté the vegetables in a table spoon of oil until slightly cooked 



3. Add the vegetable stock and leave to simmer until the potatoes are cooked


4. Add some creme friache and season. Then Blend away....


5. Add some chopped chives to garnish and served with some toasted pitta


The perfect winter warming soup <3

1 comment: